Star Wars Girl Unleashed

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Internet: Friend or Foe?

Today was only the second day of classes and already I'm stressing out. I'm thinking this has to be a bad thing. I have to attribute some of my stressful day to my computer and most especially to the internet. For my botany class I have to be able to access the special internet website the school provides us so I can get the daily assignments for class. Now it must be noted that I am not a great science person and am taking this class because it's required and a friend of mine who is also scientifically challenged told me it was survivable. So naturally after an hour of trying to log onto the website with the id and password that I'd been told to use, I was in a panicked tear session and ready to throw the computer out of the window.
To solve my problem, I called the support center and had to leave a message since no one was there and then went onto eBay to check out how some things I bid on were going. (I'm addicted to it. Curse the internet again. First it pushes me to the verge of a nervous break down and then it takes all my money.) The other site had me so worked up I couldn't for the life of me figure out what my password for eBay was. I finally figured it out and was happy to see that I now will have a lovely new lamp. EBay's other evil, besides being like an illegal drug and taking every penny you own because you can't stop buying, is that very mean evil people swoop in and bid enormously ridiculously high on something you really wanted and then you have to watch as it slips away. It's torture, I assure you. Who knew everyone would be clambering to get their hands on all three box sets of Ruroni Kenshin at insane prices until idiots keep out-bidding each other. Oh well. I'll just have to keep watching and hope no other yoyo sees it.
I think it's about time for my laundry to be finished so I'll leave this for now.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home