Star Wars Girl Unleashed

Thursday, January 20, 2005

The Family Curse

There are many types of curses that people all over the world suffer from. I am one of them. Just now I was reminded of it. It's a rather humiliating one that I inherited from my mother. For the life of me I cannot open things correctly. The easier it is to open it the more likely it is that I will open it the wrong way. Not two minutes ago I was opening a thing of cheddar cheese to make my super. Simple, right? You'd think so. I cut it open with a knife and then realized it was a ziplock type bag. Why couldn't I realize that before I cut a huge hole in it? At our Christmas party my sister and I are telling her boyfriend about how my mom and I have difficulties opening things, and as I'm talking about it...I'm opening a box of wheat thins...I'm consciously trying to not do what I'm talking about...what do I do? I open the box upside down!! What the heck's wrong with me?! Then my sister makes the comment that if her boyfriend wants to be like the rest of the insane family he should open the box he's holding upside down. He takes her literally and opens it upside down. The curse has now spread in a most devious way!!! I just had to say this to yell and laugh at myself. I still can't believe I did what I just did. How nuts can I be, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home