Star Wars Girl Unleashed

Friday, January 21, 2005

Just a Few Things

Today I saw a message on a girl's backpack that I sort of liked so I thought I'd put it here so I wouldn't forget it. It said "Borrowed Love and Faded Dreams" I don't know why I liked it but I did. Maybe it was the way I was feeling today. I went home to see my family and celebrate my sister's birthday today. It's a long drive, four hours or so depending on traffic. While I was driving it got dark and this big suv pulled up on my tail with headlights in my mirrors blinding me and could not wait for me to get in the other lane. I mean I was already in the right lane since I have this strong aversion to getting traffic tickets and having my insurance go up and go the speed limit exactly. When the car passed me I saw that it was a girl with a cell phone growing out of her ear and a boyfriend in the passenger seat speeding past. She had a longhorn emblem on her bumper so definitely a college student rushing home. I was tempted to do something rude like giving her the finger but decided she was too wrapped up in her conversation to notice she'd nearly run down a smaller car. About five minutes later, she was far in front, going way over 70 miles when the good old blue and red lights suddenly came on. I was rewarded with seeing her pulled over, still on her phone as the trooper, yes a Texas State Trooper got her, stepped out. Boy did she really get it. It was sweet justice to see that. It was one of those rare moments when you have been annoyed and just want a cop to be there to stop the obnoxious driver offending you.

1 Comments:

  • At January 24, 2005 at 9:54 AM, Blogger Rehkmira said…

    I see policemen here something fierce. In fact, I usually see an average of four or five a day. No one else ever sees them, except when I'm around. It's become something of a joke, and my Dirt Town friends keep notebooks in their cars to tally the police cars they see when I'm not around vs. when I am. It's almost been proven by now that I am a cop-magnet. So I also follow the speed limit. It is ever so gratifying to see people get theirs, especially when they have been butts to you. With the number of police cars around me, I see a lot of people get theirs.

    Lots of love,
    'Mira

     

Post a Comment

<< Home