Star Wars Girl Unleashed

Monday, January 24, 2005

A Movie Outing

Yesterday I had a day out with my mother and sister. We went and saw The Phantom of the Opera. Before we went in my mom and I stopped in the restroom to avoid having to leave in the middle of the movie, I hate that. Inside we ran into a parent of one of my mom's kids. She said she and her two children were going to see Are We There Yet. I said I'd seen it the day before and then she asked me if it was ok for kids to see. Now I had to quickly rack my brain for an appropriate answer, taking into account that this is a woman who has her children in a private school, a Baptist one at that. I also had to remember that she could possibly affect my mother's employment, and since my mother is Lutheran she has a strike against her. I hesitated and then said in a high pitched voice, "Yes, it's ok." Hoping that the fact the kids start telling IceCube or whatever his name is that he has to pay the 'Swear Jar' whenever he utters a four letter word. When we left my mother nervously asked me if the show was really ok for kids. I said since it had a PG rating and the room was full of kids the day before it should be. I have yet to hear about the parent's take on the movie. As for Phantom, it was refreshingly wonderful. I actually had to be intelligent to understand the occasional humor, and well Andrew L. Webber is just brilliant, not so much as John Williams but he's up there, in my book at least. I highly recommend it. As for Are We There Yet, if you want cheap laughs and gooey gum in your hair with a typical, predictable feel-good ending go see it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home