Star Wars Girl Unleashed

Monday, March 27, 2006

Wicked Rocks and Future Bright (For Now)

Ok, so Wicked was absolutely wonderful!! I totally recommend it. It makes you look at The Wizard of Oz very differently. I'm no on to his book Mirror, Mirror that is supposed to put a different spin on Snow White. If I finish that before I get Son of a Witch (the sequel to Wicked) then I just got Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister to plow through. You guessed it, it's the dark underside of Cinderella! And very soon the next chapter in the Kenshin manga will be out, but that only takes me about an hour and a half to two hours. Comic books just don't take that long to read. I've also gotten into historical fiction about Mary Tudor and Elizabeth, that time period. Last week I had third grade every day except for Thursday which was kindergarten. Kindergarten was better behaved and easier to deal with. That's sad isn't it? Friday I had the one class in the whole school that hates when I'm their sub. Needless to say, they were better behaved this time around than the last time we crossed paths. But they were still no angels. I've applied for a job with the state historical committee. Now the wait for an interview begins. If I get the job, I'll have to move to Austin, which I wouldn't mind at all. Most of my friends live in that area any way and I loved being there in school. So that's what's new with me right now.

1 Comments:

  • At April 1, 2006 at 11:07 AM, Blogger Rehkmira said…

    I hadn't realized you were back to posting. Howdy!

    I found the Maguire books to be enjoyable reads, as well. I think Pandora has read Wicked, too. Now all we'd have to do is get a copy over to Mrs. K.

    Well, welcome back, and good luck subbing for band. It takes a lot of courage to blindly go into a classroom full of strange faces. The other teachers only it once or twice a year, but you do it just about every time.

    'Mira

     

Post a Comment

<< Home