Star Wars Girl Unleashed

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Bleeding Fingers

My sister just got her first job at Hollywood Video a few weeks ago. Last Monday she sliced her finger with a razor blade. She probably should have gotten stitches but she's terribly afraid of hospitals and didn't go. Well the jinx has now been passed on. Today in Botany class about an hour ago I was holding a glass beaker while a guy filled it with water. The water came out too strong, the beaker slipped and somehow I sliced my ring finger and pinky. Yes we are talking pain, lots of pain. The guy was very apologetic and I was quickly given paper towels to stem the bleeding while my professor went to get me some band-aides. I really just wanted to cry it hurt so much. But I decided to play it cool since there were three guys around me asking me stupid questions like does it hurt and is it still bleeding. What do you think this is red paint? I wanted to yell. One guy advised that I suck on it. Yuck! And another wanted to take out his lighter and sterilize the wound. I told him that no one without a medical license was coming near me with heat or a sharp object. All I could think was "Great! The one non-science major person here today, and I'm the one who makes a stupid mistake." Thankfully the class was shorter than usual and I was able to go to my room and nurse my injury. Since writing this is making my fingers hurt, even though I'm not using them, I'm going to quit now and lay down in case I decide to faint.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home