Star Wars Girl Unleashed

Monday, August 01, 2005

Bleeding Fingers: Episode III Revenge of the Razor Blade

It has been a long time since I last wrote. Much has happened since my last entry. The addiction to eBay has increased. Still no promising leads on the job front, except for substituting until I find something permanent that I like. My sister and I went for a walk July 3 with our dog. As we passed one house a little black kitten came bounding up to us with the sweetest little meow and looking at us desperately as though it were saying"Take me away from this horrible house, PLEASE." It had to know we were suckers for cats. I took it as a gift from God. I've been wanting a black kitten for the longest time and all I do is take a walk and there one is. We rationalized taking the cat without asking the home owners with our knowledge that they had lots of big dogs that never looked very happy chained up to the fence and that they probably wouldn't notice. I mean the cat came straight to us like it was making a jail break or something. Long story short: we can't go back down Fourth Street ever again. So we had to debate over whether or not it was a girl or boy. We decided it was a boy and then we had to fight over a name for it. Finally Figaro stuck, then I decided that the kitten was a girl and my mom and sister agreed. She is now called Harminie(I have to figure out how to spell that). She lives upstairs with us and my dad has no idea that she's there. He and my mom are supposed to go out of town this weekend so I think that will provide us with the way to let him know we have a new pet. I've been working on the story all day "Dad, Mom we found the most precious black kitten sitting on our porch. She's so sweet and even uses the cat box." I think it will work. I'll keep you all updated on the progress of operation kitten. Now to the title's meaning. Two days after we found Harminie we went on vacation. Now we have had some unfortunate incidents with sharp object and fingers in the last few months as you all know. First there was the sneaky razor blade that sliced up my sister's thumb while she was working. Then there was the attack of the broken beaker on my own fingers. Now we have the revenge of the razor blade. I was trying to find the hair spray in my mother's over night bag, because I was stupid and forgot mine. Suddenly I experienced blinding pain and agony. I pulled my hand out and found that a chunk of my middle finger was missing and gushing blood. It was not as bad as the previous injuries I obtained from the beaker, but it was certainly painful and this time it was on my right hand. I found doing simple things very difficult and that just made me mad. And it was the first day of vacation too. I could hardly put my makeup on, washing my hair was a pain as was just about everything else I tried to do. But I'm alright now. You can't even tell where I was injured, unlike the other time. The beaker injury still hurts if I hit it just right on something. Well that's what life has been like thus far. Tomorrow I have to go to my grandmother's and have a girls' night with my sister and my cousin whom I can't stand . I think I've mentioned her before. The eight year old who thinks she knows everything and tells you so. Yep, I might be in prison for murder on Wednesday, so if I don't post any time soon, that's where I am. =) I guess I'll let this go for now. Bye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home