Star Wars Girl Unleashed

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Easter Weekend

Well, I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter! Me, it was hit and miss. Friday I was looking forward to a few hours to myself at home that evening. A long, luxurious bath without anyone wanting me to get out. ~sigh~ But I opened my big mouth and told my grandmother that I would be more than happy to baby-sit my eight year old cousin so she could work at the opera house. So I spent five hours entertaining an eight year old, who knows she knows everything and lets you know that. AAAAHHHHH!!! She does adore me though. She let me know that she thought I'd be a great mother one day. Problem is, you can never tell when this kid is genuinely giving you a compliment or just buttering you up. I usually take everything nice she says with a grain of salt. So the next day my sister and I went to the opera house to see Red, White, and Tuna. We had to be there by 1:30 to get the tickets that my grandmother had set aside for us so that they wouldn't be sold to other people. My mom dropped us off, long story how that happened, and in the process of getting us to the front door we pulled into a cross walk. A couple was waiting to cross and when they did the man whacked our car with his umbrella. I rolled my window down as fast as the electric window would go. A million foul words and attacks came to mind, but then it came to me that my eight year old cousin was sitting next to me. The best I came out with was "That was unnecessary!" He gave that goofy, smug smile that irritates you to no end. My hand went flying toward the open window to show him exactly what I thought about him, but again I was immediately aware of my little cousin watching me intently. The last thing I needed was for her to go running to my aunt to tell her how her cousin had behaved or for her to start mimicking me. That would really send my aunt over the top. But if she hadn't been there... Well it wouldn't have been pretty. I felt like Bill Cosby in his standup comedy routine where he says as parents, you censor yourself to the point you sound like an idiot because you don't finish anything you start to say when you're angry. That was me fumbling around trying to find a G-rated version of all the things I wanted to say to the bastard. I wanted to go and find him when we got out of the car and let him have it, but we did have a play to get to. Boy is he lucky. He's just lucky we weren't in my sister's car. Cousin or no cousin, she would have gone off on him, maybe even run him over. I wouldn't put it past her. That car is her baby. So curly haired, cap wearing, umbrella wielding guy is very fortunate that we were in the car we were in with an eight year old. It could have been ugly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home