Star Wars Girl Unleashed

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

The Never Ending Stooooory of Botany

Sorry I haven't posted anything lately. Last week was my Spring Break so I didn't get online as much as I wanted to. Nothing much happened last week. When I got home on Friday I had the depressing news that guy I'd known since like the fourth grade had killed himself on my birthday. So that put a bit of a damper on things. Anyway, today was Botany lab and I had the feeling that something interesting would happen to write about. I was right. Today we had group lab work. So the prof. Had us count 1,2,3,1,etc. I was a three and then to my dismay, clueless, ring leader guy is a three. Thank God J was also a three! But there we were, the two non-science majors of the class with the head class clown. And the two non-science majors were the ones doing all the lab work and figuring everything out. And clueless was more than too much in my personal space. At one point while we were at the counter measuring liquids, his hand was resting on the counter on one side of me and his body was on the other side of me. It was like whoa pack of buddy! You're a foot at least taller than me, you can see over my head!! I didn't say it, but I sure as heck thought it. Another group's experiment required 50 milliliters of saliva. Yep, we all had to keep spitting into a beaker to acquire it. Big, nasty yuck! The girls were better at it than the guys, yes we were all a bit queasy with it, but gee wiz. Isn't it a guy thing to spit? FYI: by the way very unattractive guys. I have yet to meet a woman who is turned on by spitting. Of course we were all trying to be dainty about it, but that isn't easy to do. Blood sucker dude was having serious gagging issues. Once the lab was finished we had to clean up. Since we were the third group, everyone looked at our lab results last so we were the last ones to finish cleaning up. So clueless asks me how my birthday was. Then he says "So you're 21 now?" "No, 22." I replied. He was totally shocked. Then he said what I hate hearing, "You don't look 22. You don't look like you're older than 19 if that." I know one day I'll be happy I look younger than I really am, but right now I'd really rather look my age so I don't have idiots screwing around trying to impress me. Since clean up consisted of water and many glass beakers, I offered to dry. I was taking no chances. When I was holding dry beakers, my hands started shaking. I'm traumatized, I think. So now I must study my butt off for the test tomorrow and write a paper for that class. Good thing today is that I'm having a really good hair day and it is so rare that I actually like how my hair looks. It's not often that it does what I want it to do. Well, I better go and stop procrastinating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home