Star Wars Girl Unleashed

Sunday, April 03, 2005

If it was a snake...wait it is!!!!

Yesterday I got up early to go on a Botany field trip to look at wildflowers and plants and so on. While walking around the property of the man who was letting us visit and use his property for our field trip we went down into a creek bed and then back up on the other side. As I was going up the band I looked down and saw a snake looking right back up at me, right where I was about to set my foot. It looked like a rattle snake, but was lacking the tell tale rattling sound that goes along with it. All I could think to do was to jump as far away from it as I possible could. The girl behind me was busy looking at me and not down where she was about to step. I yelled snake at her pointing down and she then jumped out of the way. The distressing thing was, my professor and the land owner had walked right over it without noticing and were now out of sight and all the idiots in my class were gathering around it in curiosity. I yelled for the professor and that there was a snake. He came running and assured us that is was a nonpoisonous snake and would not hurt us. It was a good thing, because I would have been bitten, no questions asked. I was face to face with it, not more than a foot away. The sad thing about the day was that the boys were more girlie than the girls. They complained about the heat and the bugs and so on. blood sucker dude wore flip flops of all things. We told him he'd be sorry, but he dismissed it. Five minutes into the excursion while looking at a plant I noticed that his feet were covered in ants. I let him know and he started the ant removal dance. He tripped a lot and got stuck a lot with the native flora of Texas. I will admit that I enjoyed every minute of his misery. It's not nice I know but we all told him that he should have closed in shoes. Well, that was my experience yesterday. I'm lucky to have encountered a non lethal snake, otherwise I might not be able to write this today. Bye for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home